Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Target - another guest designer flop?

I am always stoked when I hear about a reputable designer gracing Target with a guest fashion line.  And every time that line hits stores, I find myself disappointed.  Most recently, when Mulberry started selling handbags for Target, I practically knocked down the doors at their launch, only to leave empty-handed.  Not only was the faux leather obviously cheap (honestly, what did I expect), but the word TARGET was emblazoned on the gold clasp, clear as day.  

So next up - William Rast, a collaboration with cutie Justin Timberlake and designer Trace Ayala.  The theme is self-described as "biker bohemia", which has potential.  Usually, I think that anything JT touches turns to gold, but this line is quite the exception.  Flannel buttondowns, denim shirts, skinny jeans - all items that can be found at your local Gap, leather jackets that aren't quite leather, basic silk-screened tees. 

Or maybe I am just too hard on Target?  Check out the link to shop styles: http://bit.ly/eIAjL5

No comments:

Post a Comment