Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Looking hot on a cold day

As a West Coast transplant who has spent four years in Boston, I still don't know how to dress for cold winter days.  I've learned the hard way that Uggs can be slippery in the snow, cheap boots are not a good idea, and you need at least four different types of jackets to master the seasons (raincoat, fall-weather coat, down jacket, wool coat). 

Once I master exactly how to stay dry and warm, then's there is the issue of looking halfway decent.  I've realized that as long as you have the right winter accessories (coat, hat, scarf, gloves, boots), you can wear your typical jeans and sweater underneath.  Whether wearing an infinity scarf, glossy Hunter boots, or fingerless gloves (they work, I promise - and they help show off a sparkly manicure), you can be sure to look hot on a cool day.  I've identified some great fashion accessories that help polish a winter outfit.  And yes, old school earmuffs are back in style.

No comments:

Post a Comment